- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 big table spoons of organic coconut oil
2. Add in all the ingredients
3. Allow the tub to fill to your liking, (if you can fill it to the point of being fully submerged then it’s even better).
4. Mix all the ingredients until they dissolved
- The Baking Soda:
- Hair: Removes product build up for better manageability, will help reduce oils in your hair making the need to wash your hair less, softens hair
- Skin: If you are a garlic lover like myself, you will find that it will start to come out of your pours, this helps omit odors that will seep out of your skin. This will also help moisten your dryer areas of the body, such as elbows, knees and feet.
- Detox: As toxins are coming out of your pours this helps keep the skin rejuvenated and fresh. It also removes chlorine and other toxins from the actual tub water.
- Epsom salt:
- Hair: Same at the Baking Soda this removes build up on your hair. It will actually give volume to your hair.
- Skin: this help pull out all the deep pore gunk and grime that normal washing does not get, helping to reduce the size of your pores. This is also a great way to absorb Magnesium, which most people are deficient in.
- Detox: Almost everyone knows after a hard day on the muscles, this is great to ease the tightness and soreness. The reason for this is because it is relaxing, but also it pulls the toxins from your muscles.
- Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Hair: Again this removes all the build up but this also helps reset the PH balance of your scalp, so the new hair growing in is healthier and stronger. The PH balance also helps with dry scalp and dandruff and takes away the itchy feeling that comes with both.
- Skin: It will also help reset the PH balance of your skin as well. This lessens blemishes, red dry marks, resets both oily and dry skin, cleans pores, and softens your skin.
- Detox: Helps pull toxins from your body as well.
- Organic Coconut Oil:
- Hair: This is the only natural conditioner that penetrates into the hair, making it thicker, stronger, softer, and will repair split ends.
- Skin: This is amazing on the skin, it feels good soften and re-hydrates without feeling oily. It helps reduce wrinkles, heal scars, repairs stretch marks. Works wonderfully as a shaving aid, if you save after being in the bath for about 20 minutes you will find the need to shave less often, when doing this bath once a week. It’s great for hands and nails as well. It helps sooth ecxema and black heads on arms and legs.
- Detox: A little known fact about CO is that is helps with sterilization of fungus, or if you have any scrapes or cuts it will help them heal. Helps deodorize the body by killing off and bacteria such as athletes foot, and underarm odor.
- Hot water: This helps open pores to allow all the above to work more efficiently, it helps soothe muscles and helps draw out toxins.
- Extra things to do while in the tub:
- Take time to relax and have everything to soak in.
- While this is all great for hydrating the skin, it will pull water from your body as it is pulling out the toxins. Make sure you bring in some water, your favorite tea or any kind of drink that helps relax and hydrate you. (my favorite: Iced green tea with local organic honey)
- Towards the end of your bath message your legs and feet.
- Use a wash cloth or sponge to exfoliate your whole body, from head to toe as this will really soften all the dead skin and make it easier to remove.
- Lastly: Shave. As mentioned above you will not need shaving cream and this will give you a very close shave. I find I only have to shave 1 to 2 times a week.
Alone time is always good for the mind, body and soul so this will help give you excuse to hide away for a while.