As you all have seen, I have been making all my FODMAP meals in bulk and freezing them. Right now I have a variety of 5 different meals….and it was getting quite boring. So after looking up a few recipes, a lot of which I knew I wouldn’t like, I came across a carrot and butternut squash soup. The original recipe was not IBS friendly but it sounded so good I thought I would try a modified IBS version. It wasn’t quite a hit with my husband, Dennis, or my eldest son, Quinton, but Jasper and I loved it! And since they didn’t like it that means more for me!!
3 tbsp. Onion Olive Oil
4 Large Chopped Carrots
1 Large Cubed Butternut Squash
1 16 oz. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 Cup Almond Milk
Directions for Carrot and Butternut Squash Soup:
1. In a pan add 3 tbsp. Onion Olive Oil, Chopped Carrots and Cubed Butternut Squash.
2. Saute for about 10 minutes or until the carrots and squash are slightly mushy
3. In a pot add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
4. Add the Onion Olive Oil, Chopped Carrots and Cubed Butternut Squash to the pot.
(I didn’t add and seasoning, if you want to add in some #4 is when you would want to add it)
5. Let it all simmer for 40 minutes.
6. Take half the indigence from the pot and blender it to a desired texture.
7. Repeat with the second half.
8. Add the 1 Cup Almond Milk.
9. Bring back up to a simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Let it set a bit and cool down and it is ready to serve!
This served my family of 4 and gave me 3 servings that I bagged for the freezer.
Hope you all enjoy!